We would like to keep you informed of the actions Fileder has taken to ensure the safety and well-being of our staff and business partners during this outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) whilst the business maintains its operations, managing its supply chain effectively, to allow for ‘business as usual’.
- Fileder’s warehouse is maintained to ensure a four-month supply of stock and this is being closely monitored.
- Contingency plans were made and are now in full operation, which are continuously reviewed and are in line with Government advice.
- Due to the size of Fileder’s warehouse and minimal risk of social contact, goods in and despatch remain in full operation.
- Homeworking has been successfully put in place for a proportion of our staff, including home risk assessments and equipment, allowing for continuity of support and supply. Access to all data via our powerful SAP programme, with the backing of our experience ICT Team, has made this transition exceptionally smooth.
- Webinars, including product training, are available and video link / Skype support services are in place as we ask that business partners do not make any special site visits to our Maidstone facility and business travel, at this current time, has been suspended unless deemed critical.
- Measures with our delivery partners are in place and Fileder can continue to offer our excellent delivery service. As a precaution, we also have our own fleet of delivery drivers should the situation change.
- Fileder work with several international manufacturers, with key suppliers having multiple manufacturing plants and warehouse sites to ensure continuity of product supply. Where this is not the case, Fileder has alternative sources for the supply of products. Close relationships with manufacturers ensure optimum communications and surveillance of manufacturing output.
- Should the situation continue for excessive periods, it is noted that a large proportion of our goods will receive special clearance at Customs due to their medical supplies’ classification.
- Additional shipping space at the relevant ports has been reserved.
- All staff receive regular briefings regarding new operating procedures aimed at protecting our employees, business partners and the business itself, including Government advice for those who develop symptoms to stay home and self-isolate. An employee support/counselling line is also available to staff.
- Introduction of continuous disinfection cleaning around the building and the promotion of best practice hand-washing is in full operation and will continue rigorously.
- Temperature testing is mandatory for all those attending site.
- Gloves and masks are available to all.
- A full risk assessment has been conducted and is regularly updated and revised as necessarily.
Fileder is still operating our normal opening hours and are maintaining our ‘easy to deal with’ approach. We will continue to monitor the situation closely with our trading partners, upholding Government recommendations, and will communicate any relevant changes to Business Partners as deemed necessary.