At Fileder, we understand the importance of keeping personal information private and have updated this policy to comply with the UK Data Protection Regulations. Fileder is committed to:
- Keeping your information safe and private
- Not selling your information
- Providing ways to manage and review marketing choices
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.
Where we collect personal information from
Information is collected from the Fileder website and the online customer portal via cookies, orders placed, enquiry forms, chat, requests to get notified and some pages where content is downloaded. Information may also be collected from telephone calls and email exchanges.
The information collected includes:
- Email address and telephone number
- Company name, address and job role
- Bank details
- Marketing preferences
- Consent options
- Products you have shown an interest in
- Pages visited
- Things we have learnt from communications and continual improvements made
- Transactional information e.g. quotes
The Fileder website and online customer portal are secure via SSL Certification to allow information provided to be encrypted, protecting it from interception by unintended recipients.
How we use your personal information
We use the information that we collect from you for legitimate reasons and, if purchasing products, for contractual reasons. The legitimate reasons are:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
- If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
- To communicate and fulfil order requirements.
- To review and improve our performance.
- To keep our marketing strategy relevant.
For sole traders, partnerships or individuals who have not previously bought from Fileder, you will only be contacted or sent relevant marketing materials where consent has been given via the website or verbally e.g. through conversations at exhibitions, meetings and telephone calls. This consent can be withdrawn any time via unsubscribe/opt-out buttons on email correspondence or through contacting us via our email address or telephone number at the top of the homepage.
Who we share your personal information with
We use third-party processors to store data, manage the websites, synchronise information with our order processing system, provide an electronic newsletter marketing service and information on how visitors use the Fileder website. There is no automated decision making based upon the information collected.
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business, to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Sending data outside the UK
If personal information is processed and stored outside the UK, Fileder will review the adequacy regulations for the country data is being transferred to and assess the appropriate safeguards. For third parties used, a contractual agreement is also in place to ensure this does not impact your individual rights under the Data Protection Act.
How long we keep your personal information
We keep your personal information for as long as consent is given for sending you information, or for as long as you are a customer. After consent is withdrawn or you stop being a customer, the data will be made inaccessible in our database. It will only be used to ensure un-subscribers no longer receive information they have opted out of, so we can respond to any questions or complaints, and show we treated you fairly.
Recorded telephone calls used for training are only kept for six months.
Right to object
Rectifying, deleting and restricting
- You have the right to rectify information if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You have the right to be forgotten and have your personal information deleted from our records.
- We can restrict the use of your data so it is only used for certain things. You can ask us to restrict the use of your personal information if it is not accurate, when considering whether objections to legitimate processing are valid, or if it is no longer relevant but you want us to keep it for use in legal claims.
How to get a copy of your personal information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you, free of charge. Please send any requests to email@example.com and we will get back to you within 30 days.
You also have the right to data portability and to support this, your personal information can be provided in an Excel format.
Third party links
How to complain
If you are unhappy with how we have used your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk).
Last updated July 2021
It is a genuine pleasure to work with the Fileder team to find the optimal solution to deliver the quality water our beer demands
Fourpure – Brewery
I am really impressed with Fileder, the service they provide and also the availability of technical assistance, should it be required.
Redhill Farm Estate Vineyard – Winery
Fileder is committed to helping us achieve the best possible performance from our banks of membranes
Britvic – Pure Water Production
The addition of the RO system with the low energy HF5 membranes has provided an easy solution to the end user's requirements.
RMC – Power Production
Working with Fileder has allowed us to provide water safe from Chlorine when maintaining the wellbeing of the thousands of fish
Koi Water Barn – Fresh Water Fish
I have always found the Fileder products and service to be of the required quality and so have stayed with Fileder for many years
Cirencester Hospital – Medical Device